This is the boring personal stuff about me,
Dr Garth Notley BA BAI PhD
Mental Health Warning: Take strictly with a pinch of salt!
- I live near Winchester, England (think Watership Down and the rabbits)
- I am married to the most intelligent and beautiful person in the world
- I have three wonderful grown-up children all being creative and earning good money
in different parts of the world
(Theatre in London, Art & Writing in Cornwall, and Computing in Portland, Oregon)
- I was born circa 1795...
- As a teenager I started Scottish Dancing,
and due to a very unlikely combination of circumstances (pesky aliens - don't even think about it!)
I had to take over as teacher for our group
- which is where I developed my bossy nature
- I've been teaching dancing on and off ever since - including the four years when I lived in the States
- I became addicted to English Regency Dancing fifteen years ago - the combination of energy, balletic elegance
and the glamorous history of Regency England - it gets me every time!
- Plus, getting to dance displays and do balls in fabulous historical buildings around Europe
- Plus, the costumes look fabulous too - both for the men and especially (sigh!) the ladies
- I have called dances in England, USA, Malta, Hungary and (next April - a first for me) France.
- I got my PhD at Cambridge University
- My earlier degrees were in Engineering and Industrial Law, both at Trinity College, Dublin - where I learned the gift of the gab
- I ran a group of companies, from which I am now retired.
- I now run RegencyDances.org, a not-for-profit
company registered in England, dedicated to the promulgation of resources for Regency dancers worldwide
- I am also proud of creating the Dance Masters' Companion
series of historically accurate Regency Dance music - please buy one of our CDs!
- --- and ---
My career is now 'Dance Master', at your service!